Monday, January 28, 2008


I can't remember the last time I was in the bath long enough to shrivel my fingers and toes to look like raisins. Elise gets to do this regularly, though, which I think is a good thing.

This afternoon, she was eating some raisins and delivered this insightful question:

"Mommy, what happens when raisins spend too long in the bath?"

I was so proud of her I nearly levitated off the floor.

We decided to find out for ourselves by putting one raisin in a dish of water. We set the timer, and after 15 minutes it didn't look appreciably different. It also didn't look different just before Daddy came home. I'm hoping it will swell up a bit before morning so that she has a chance to say she discovered something new about raisins and long baths.

1 comment:

SWE said...

We discovered that it did indeed puff up and become almost smooth by morning. It even sort of took on its original grape-ish form. Elise was pretty excited to be able to answer her own question. I hope we can do ~lots~ more of this!